PDP's Management Team is based in Hong Kong and San Francisco. They bring a wide variety of experience spanning finance, business, environment and consulting. Their responsibility is to launch and lead the project under the oversight of the Steering Committee.
- Mr. Woodring is the Founder of Ocean Recovery Alliance, which is focused on bringing innovative solutions, technology, collaborations and policy together to impact positive improvements for the health of the ocean. In 2018 he received the Prince’s Award for Innovative Philanthropy by Prince Albert of Monaco, and has been recognized as a UN Climate Hero and a Google Earth Hero for his efforts. Ocean Recovery Alliance is one of the first NGOs to be working with both the United Nations Environment (UNEP) and the World Bank.
- Two global preventative projects on the issues of plastic waste were announced at the Clinton Global Initiative in 2010: the Plastic Disclosure Project, and the Global Alert platform. He is the founder of the Plasticity Forum, which was first launched in Rio de Janeiro, and has since been held in Hong Kong, New York, Portugal, Shanghai, London, Dallas, Los Angeles and Sydney. The event is unique globally, and focuses on the future of plastic, and where the leaders are going with design, innovation, materials, recycling and solutions, for a world with a reduced waste footprint.
- Doug co-founded Project Kaisei which led a science expedition to the North Pacific Gyre with Scripps Oceanography in 2009, and was recognized as a UN Climate Hero and a Google Earth Hero for its efforts. He is an advisor to the Economist's World Oceans Summit.
- Doug has worked in Asia for over 25 years in a number of industries which have been at the forefront of technology within their sectors, mainly related to the environment and new media platforms. He also spent four years in the asset management industry, and also set up the framework for a Global Environmental Technology fund in 1998 with Merrill Lynch.
- Born in Northern California, Mr. Woodring has a dual masters degree from The Wharton School (MBA) and Johns Hopkins University, School of Advanced International Studies (SAIS), and an undergraduate degree in Economics and Political Science from the University of California at Berkeley.
- Erik Floyd is the co-founder of the Plastic Disclosure Project. He also serves as Treasurer and Director of the Association for Sustainable and Responsible Investment in Asia (ASrIA), where he was Executive Director from 2009 to 2010.
- Erik spent 30 years in international finance in a career that included government service, banking, equity research and corporate investor relations. Starting at the U.S. Treasury in Washington and Tokyo, he joined JP Morgan in New York in 1986 in capital raising. Shifting to equity research, he covered metals and mining. Moving to Hong Kong in 1994, he covered power and gas utilities at Schroders and Jardine Fleming before joining telecoms company PCCW in 2003 as Director of Investor Relations, followed by similar duties at Techtronic Industries in 2008.
- Erik has a BA from Yale University and an MA from John Hopkins School of Advanced International Studies (SAIS).
Mr. Russell is the Director of the Plastic Disclosure Project, an investor-supported global initiative to encourage the world's major users of plastics to measure and disclose their "plastic footprint", and develop innovative strategies to reduce the environmental impact. He is responsible for management of project, coordinating a global team in its work with disclosers, investors, NGOs and the public.
Andrew brings over 20 years experience in business and consulting, managing diverse teams to help companies improve their performance through operational improvement, organisational behaviour and/or technology. He has led numerous challenging multi-million dollar programmes in the financial services, telecoms, media, and government sectors, in North America, Europe, Africa, the Middle East, and Asia. Andrew grew up in Canada, and received his undergraduate degree in Engineering and Management Sciences at the University of Waterloo. While living in London, UK for 9 years, he also obtained his MBA with Distinction from Ashridge Management College.