The work of the Plastic Disclosure Project is overseen by a global Steering Committee, drawn from investors and other stakeholders who support PDP's mission. The Steering Committee oversees the development of the project, and provides advice to the management team. The wide experience and network of the Steering Committee's members is a valuable asset for PDP.
- William Becker is a climate and energy policy expert at Natural Capitalism Solutions in Colorado and a Senior Associate at the environmental organization E3G. He served previously as Executive Director of the Presidential Climate Action Project.
- Bill is an advisor to OgilvyEarth, the sustainability practice of the global communications company Ogilvy & Mather.
- Bill's most recent book - The 100 Day Action Plan to Save the Planet - was published by St. Martin's Griffin.
- Paul is an Adjunct Associate Professor at the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology. He is a Director of the Environmental Management and Technology program. His teaching and research interests address the organizational and social aspects of technology.
- Paul is a member of HKUST's Environmental Sustainability Steering Committee.
- Prof Forster holds a BSc from the University of Alberta, an MSc and MBA from the University of Western Ontario, and an MS and PhD from UC Irvine.
- Jason has over ten years experience in investment management and research, most recently at GLG Partners in London where he launched the Global Sustainability Fund in 2010 and oversees the environmental investments strategy.
- From 2009 to April 2010, Jason worked as COO of Hydrotech International Ltd and as Advisor to the African Development Corp. Prior to first working at GLG Partners from 2004 to 2008, he was at Andor Capital and Pequot Capital. He attended UC at Berkeley.
- His articles and comments have appeared in Institutional Investor, Responsible Investor and the Wall Street Journal.
- Ben Ridley is Regional Head of Sustainability Affairs for Asia Pacific at Credit Suisse, based in Hong Kong.
- In this role, Ben is responsible for developing and implementing a sustainability strategy in the region, assessing sustainability risks, and managing stakeholder relations.
- Prior to joining Credit Suisse, Ben had 15 years experience as an environmental consultant in Hong Kong helping a broad range of clients identify and manage sustainability risks and opportunities.
- Jacob is Director, Global Strategy and Advocacy for the Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC).
- During his career with NRDC since 1976, Mr. Scherr has served as Director of NRDC's International Program, Director of the BioGems Initiative, and a Senior Attorney. He has led a number of successful advocacy campaigns including greening foreign aid, stopping exports of banned products, and phasing out leaded gasoline.
- Mr. Scherr has cooperated with environmental organizations and local communities to protect and preserve "biogems" - special natural areas threatened by short-sighted resource exploitation - stretching from the Arctic in Alaska to Patagonia in Chile.
- Dr. Takahashi-Kelso is EVP of the Ocean Conservancy, and leads its Gulf of Mexico Restoration work.
- He was Alaska Commissioner of Environmental Conservation at the time of the Exxon Valdez spill in 1989. For the next two years, he worked with affected communities and legislators to strengthen oil spill prevention and response laws in Alaska and nationally.
- During his career, he has covered every aspect of ocean conservation including public service, university teaching, research on fisheries and environmental policy, and grant making. He has a doctorate in Energy and Resources from UC Berkeley, and a law degree from Harvard.
- John F. Williams is an SVP of HDR, Inc. and is also on the faculty at Columbia University where he teaches a course on Public-Private Partnerships.
- A member of the Clinton Global Initiative, he is playing leadership roles in the Rethinking Waste, Scaling Sustainable Buildings and Gulf Coast Oil Spill Action Networks. In addition, he is on the advisory boards of the Solid Waste Association of North America Applied Research Foundation, the Waste-to-Energy Research and Technology Foundation, and the Partnership for NYC.
- He is a Fellow of the Urban Design Institute and has won six national awards for environmental education.